Office administrator CVs are prepared by people with diverse backgrounds seeking employment in an area that offers plenty of opportunity. Recruiters of office administrators look for skills such as effective communication, competence with office equipment such as copiers, information technology skills and the ability to take instruction and follow it with minimal supervision. In order to secure the job as an office administrator, your CV should have clear demonstration of leadership skills, the ability to work within a team and effective organizational skills.
The running of the office in many cases is left up to the office administrator as the executive staff may not have the time or opportunity to attend to office matters. Employers need to know that the person they are hiring can be entrusted with this task. Shown below is an office administrator CV sample that is meant to assist you come up with a good document when applying for that job.
Sample Office Administrator Curriculum Vitae
19 Applewood Circle
Cityville, USA 56734
Experienced administrative assistant with skills in Information Technology; seeking employment as an office administrator in a growing organization. Having gained organizational and effective communication skills in previous jobs is willing to apply these skills for the advancement of the organization. Competent with different types of copying machines and word processor software.
Diploma in Information Technology- Windsor College- 2000 – 2001
Diploma in Office Administration-YMCA College- 1997 – 1999
Certificate in Communication skills-Life Skills School-1996
2001 – 2007: Administrative Assistant at the Windsor Country Club
• Welcomed guests to the administrative block of the Country Club
• Scheduled appointments for guests and administrative staff
• Organized conferences and workshops for the staff
• Organized payment schedules for the staff
• Took minutes, typed and distributed them to the attendants of the meetings
• Wrote and distributed memos to staff and the relevant club members and guests
• Supervised the training of recently employed staff in the administrative block
• Supervised the organization and cleaning of the administrative block
• Assisted in the recruiting of new staff to the administrative wing
• Filed and organized documents
• Carried out research regarding news in the hospitality industry for the executive staff
• Head of the Laborers League at the Windsor Country Club
• Prepared and successfully presented a proposal to the executive staff of the Windsor Country Club that resulted in the implementation of better wages and working conditions for the administrative staff and casual laborers at the club